Negotiating with SAV
How Parmentier Arthur can Help You with SAV:
• If HMRC dispute a valuation, we will deal with their queries and justify our conclusions
• If you or your accountant have run into difficulties with share valuations for tax purposes, we can take on the case
Resolving these situations on the client’s preferred terms may be more of a challenge but Parmentier Arthur will always provide clear advice on the likely outcome and can take over responsibility for negotiations if needed. We also have a long history of successful achievement in negotiations with Shares and Asset Valuations based upon:
• a comprehensive understanding of the statutory framework and related case law governing fiscal open market valuations
• a detailed working knowledge of the methodologies, tendencies and general practice of SAV
• an extensive historical library of research material, and access to information sources both in the UK and abroad
• an in-depth understanding and analysis of the subject asset, necessary to optimise the valuation arguments presented in negotiations
• proven ability to represent clients’ interests in the face of HMRC scepticism or challenge
We only undertake negotiations when we believe that our involvement will be cost-effective given the tax at stake and will benefit the client’s position. Our expertise and considerable experience of dealing with SAV can make the difference between an acceptable outcome and unpalatable tax consequences.
HOW WE HELP
Need to settle a dispute over the value of a shareholding?
How much is your company worth?
Selling a minority shareholding. What is it worth?
Incorporating your sole trader business? What is the goodwill worth and what value will HMRC accept for tax purposes?
Making awards under a Management Incentive Plan? What is the value of the MIP shares for tax purposes?
Negotiations with HMRC at an impasse? Need a new perspective?
GET IN TOUCH
Impact of COVID-19 on the value of Equity Incentive Arrangements
As the lockdown measures begin to be lifted, businesses can look to the future but it is still too early to say whether the bottom of the market has been reached or where things will level out – impact of COVID-19 on the value of Equity Incentive Arrangements
Rod Mason Joins Parmentier Arthur
Rod Mason joins Parmentier Arthur as a senior valuation consultant following thirteen years with EY in Manchester.
The Statutory and Legal Definition of “Valuation”
When carrying out a valuation for tax purposes it must calculated on the correct basis.